Apparently, an upcoming film called "THE BAY" has something to do with the tongue-eating parasitic isopod, Cymothoa Exigua, because at some point the film calls for a character to look it up on google images.
This is why I was e-mailed last year by a representative of the production, asking me to sign a small agreement. A google search of Cymothoa happens to bring up my artwork (which you can order on t-shirts and buttons here), so for the “authentic” google results to appear in the scene, they agreed to pay me a small sum.
I forgot all about this until a couple weeks ago, when I got the check for $200.
So, look for my handiwork appearing among thirty other thumbnails on a computer monitor in a cheesy horror movie about parasites, sometime in the near future, because they didn’t feel like photoshopping it out. Works for me!
BONUS: the movie is inexplicably set in Maryland, where I grew up, despite the parasites having never turned up there to my knowledge.
- noahpoststhings reblogged this from bogleech
- noahpoststhings likes this
- wiratomkinder likes this
- cyborgjen likes this
- jacquerel reblogged this from bogleech
- offendedbydjinns likes this
- masterasra likes this
- wildwomanworking likes this
- zombiecoffeecup likes this
- kombuchaclock likes this
- skinpigeon likes this
- thawingweta likes this
- mangabottle reblogged this from bogleech
- dimiberry likes this
- yollgraveyard likes this
- stachioed said: That’s actually pretty cool… pretty stupid, but free cash is nice.
- stachioed likes this
- siryl likes this
- harlequinbabe said: Okay, that’s awesome.
- semioticharuspex likes this
- zap-apple-acid-trip likes this
- cheerfulbread reblogged this from bogleech
- mozzarellashoggoth likes this
- goodra-commander likes this
- cheerfulbread likes this
- beezoweldar likes this
- ghostlondon likes this
- majorobigtime likes this
- darklordreasonable likes this
- pajamasquid likes this
- john-of-the-molemen likes this
- bogleech posted this